Announcement for schools customers: We will hold all book and furniture orders due for delivery between Friday 22 July 2022 and Wednesday 31 August 2022. Delivery will resume on 1 September 2022. If your school remains open throughout the summer holidays and you would prefer to have your books delivered during this time, please contact us at the time of ordering.
Reading Planet Rocket Phonics
Rocket Phonics is a Department for Education validated story-based Systematic Synthetic Phonics programme for Reception and Year 1. This programme is fully decodable and aligned to Letters and Sounds (2007), providing a complete package of resources to teach reading and writing.
- Ensure pupils keep up rather than catch up: the steady pace and progression deeply embeds knowledge and skills from the start
- Step-by-step daily plans, weekly overviews, assessment guidance, tracking documents and CPD
- Fully decodable in accordance with the sequence of letter-sound correspondences in Letters and Sounds, and build in the common exception words specified in each phase
- Developed by Abigail Steel, a phonics expert, former primary and recent advisor to Ofsted on the inspection of phonics teaching
- All the books are designed to deliver on reading for enjoyment and information alongside decoding, through a rich variety of fiction and non-fiction titles designed to capture every child's interest